“How much do we love prints? Let us count the ways!”
We, the ladies of Fab Four Fashion, are suckers for a hot print, and we aren’t afraid to wear print-on-print-on-print either! We know for some, the idea of rocking a big bold print or pairing a fun printed top with a hot printed skirt or pant, can feel like a bit of a fashion risk, but hopefully we’ll give you some ideas to make it easy for you to embrace this look and make it work for your style and taste.
Clothing lines like Emilio Pucci, Erdem and Clover Canyon and designers like Mary Katrantzou have created some stunning examples of how different prints can work so well together and they have been great inspirations for developing our “print palates”! Here are fun ways that you can begin to become print perfect with pizzazz!
- If you want to pair a printed top with a bottom with a different print pattern, it’s often easiest to look for prints with similar colors and combine a big bold print with a finer simpler print. Check out how Leslie works it!
Yellow jacket: Zara // Black & White Top: Zara // Shorts: Zara // Shoes: Aldo // Purse: Zara (old) Similar here
Plus size divas here are some options so for you. Yellow jacket: Simply Be //
Black & White Top: Simply Be // Shorts: Old Navy
- There is always the fail safe way to pair prints: pair polka-dots and stripes! Find a cute top, let’s say in a polka-dot and pair this with a skirt in a stripe print. Keep the top and bottom in the same colour scheme (e.g. black and white) and you have now joined the perfectly printed family!
- If you still feel this is too much for you, start by trying out a printed coordinates set with a more consistent all over pattern like the one Gail is working below: This will allow you to work the printed look without having to put different prints together. You also have the option of remixing each piece on its own to create a new look.
Crop Top: Eloquii (sold out) Similar here here //Eloquii Studio Printed Pencil Skirt: Eloquii (sold out) Similar here here // Bag: Tory Burch (sold out) Similar here // Stilettos: Zara
For my tall girls here are some options for you: Riverlsland Crop top // River Island Skirt
- Of course you can always just strut your stuff in a gorgeous printed dress. Easy-peasy yet oh so sexy! You get it all in one fab piece! Check Judy out!
Dress: Asos (old) Similar here // Pumps: Betsey Johnson (old) Similar here
For my tall babes: Dress // Dress
- But ladies, why stop there. We all know that shoes can be an outfit maker, or breaker so why not wear that favorite printed jumper with those stylish printed shoes. Look how fly Nancy looks in her outfit!
Jumpsuit: H&M (old); similar here // Shoes: Smash Shoes
My plus size sisters can recreate with the printed plus size jumpsuits from Simply Be!
However you decide to get perfectly printed for the season just remember to have fun with it! If you’re feeling good in it, chances are you look good in it too!
Special thanks go out to our noted fashion photographer extraordinaire, Roseline Bonheur!